Wednesday, July 13th from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
14545 Bay Oaks Blvd, Houston, TX 77059
We will be meeting at Bay Oaks Country Club and lunch will be served.
"Identity Theft: Deter, Detect, and Defend" with Frank Mulcahy
Identity theft has exploded into a serious national problem. Not only do businesses suffer direct losses due to this crime, but inadequate security and poor business practices may open a company up to liability suits, fines, and loss of clientele. A company obviously must take adequate steps to protect the confidential information of its customers. But exactly where and how does IDTheft become a concern for HR personnel? And with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we now have 42% of employees working remotely. This opens companies up to a whole new risk for Ransomware and Data Breaches.
While no one can prevent identity theft due to this crime’s human element, there are steps that a company can take to minimize risk factors for all of us. Safe information handling practices are the key to keeping identifying information out of the hands of thieves.
1) Understand the many sources of Identity theft breaches and the harmful effects it has on your staff and the organization. We will also cover the economic cost it has on your organization. We will share ways to recognize Ransomware, Adware, Spyware, Phishing, Vishing, Smishing, and every possible intrusion point. Detection is your best line of defense.
2) Develop a clear understanding of why Identity theft occurs and explore the five types & characteristics of breaches.
3) Learn how to develop a well-defined Policy and training program for C-suite and Mid Management that will help to minimize Identity Theft loss from your organization. You must have a comprehensive approach to handle this costly, abusive problem properly.
- 11:30-12:00 Check-in / Networking / Announcements / Lunch
- 12:00-1:00 Speaker Presentation, followed by Q&A
Re-certification credits are available for this event (1 SHRM PDC; 1 hour HRCI) and will be shared with attendees after the meeting.
Guests are always welcome and encouraged to attend our meetings!
For on-site luncheon, networking, and presentation at Bay Oaks:
- $38 TXBA SHRM Member
- $48 Non-Member / Guest
- $20 Student
About the Speaker:
As an International Speaker-Trainer, Mr. Mulcahy's business services firm specializes in Identity theft prevention by studying and training companies on human behavior in prevention.
Mr. Mulcahy has extensive experience and expertise in fighting fraud by providing practical ways to increase awareness and expose potential new threats. He details how these crimes occur and will offer comprehensive risk management strategies to minimize their associated risks.
Frank Mulcahy is best defined as a "Change Catalyst' because his interventions create results in record time. This success is based on the belief that behavior is an outcome, not an input. He understands that to bring individuals into action you need to change their belief system - and that requires a very different approach. Frank's knowledge & methodology can quickly nudge old habits into new behaviors providing the spark needed to reset the mindset of your organization.
Mr. Mulcahy has a CITRMS certification through the Institute of Fraud Risk Management. Mr. Mulcahy is also a group security specialist and conducts ongoing workshops on IDTheft in the workplace for staff sizes ranging from 25 to 12,00. Mr. Mulcahy will deliver actionable, educational solutions that help you provide a culture of security. He has conducted these training across the United States, United Kingdom, U.A.E, India, Europe, Canada
Speaker media page: www.BookFrankMulcahy.com